Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Love and Steak Voronoff

It's been two hours and six whole days
Since you took your love away
I talk to friends all night and sleep all day
since you took your love away...
...nothing can take away these blues

'cause nothing compares
Nothing compares to you...

EXCEPT

...Steak Voronoff and a belgian chocolate shake.

Hell yeah! Food definitely has magical properties. Who knew all I had to do to heal a very broken heart was to make a trip to Big Chill Cafe!
When I ordered my steak I was a sad little puppy reminiscing the good times gone. Even riding the metro made me miserable because it reminded me of things. I mean come on...something as basic as riding the bloody metro! It's amazing how phenomenally sappy you get when you're in love. Anything and everything reminds me of him. To be honest, it's furiously frustrating that my brain has been completely hijacked by this man and it's tremendously tiring thinking about him all the time. But since love is pain and I do misery so well, I just strap in and ride the roller coaster. Anyway, so after walking around Delhi in the hot scorching sun on a completely empty stomach I finally walked into the Big Chill Cafe and ordered myself the Steak Voronoff.

This is how it was described: tenderloin fillet steak in a vodka and brandy cream sauce. Sounds divine doesn't it? And divine it was! Along with it came buttered vegetables, the most delicious baked potato and some brown bread. The first bite seduced my taste buds and my mind was blank...just like that. And the last bite was purely orgasmic. I think the trick was having this meal by myself, because there were no disturbances, no unnecessary conversation- just me and my steak. The happiest love story ever.
Then came the Belgian chocolate shake. The first sip and my eyes rolled back into my head in utter satisfaction. My lips were glued to that straw and yet it was the longest I took to drink a shake.
I don't know if the food really was that phenomenal or if I was so heartbroken that I needed it and therefore enjoyed it so much. Either way, it worked, like magic. From a love sick, lost puppy, I was a happy little puppy wagging my tail deliriously. If only relationships between lovers would be as simple as the relationship between a human being and food.

At the moment, a little piece of cheesecake heaven ( bailey's irish cream cheesecake) is sitting in my fridge, waiting for the appropriate moment to be devoured by yours truly. I'm putting it off till the next moment my broken heart starts bleating like a sick goat. And once the cheesecake is gone baby gone, I'll just have to go with the motions till the next Steak Voronoff, or perhaps a glass of wine with my special ladies back home.

But I'll tell you a secret...it's good to be in love, especially when it's with someone so fuckin extraordinary- that even if you can't have that person, you're still so glad you met them, and loved them and made memories (that will never have an expiry date) with them... and nothing, NOTHING can compare to that feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment