Monday, July 5, 2010

The Duet

The rain outside my window, the guitar and trumpet making sweet music, and thoughts of the trips I have yet to make, take me to a place I call happiness. One of the reasons I love the rains (when I'm indoors) is because of the atmosphere it creates. It makes you want to curl into your blanket, put on some soul music, sip on some chai and just reflect on life. It could be disastrous, in case your life isn't at the best place but otherwise you journey to happy memories, and daydream to the sound of rain. It's that time of the year when I always decide to do the things I've always wanted to. To change things about myself I've wanted to change. To be that person I've wanted to be.
And in the spring I shed my skin
And it blows away with the changing wind.

But I'm afraid those are things that take place in my head and never really materialize. And that's when you realise that the person you want to be is already there...you're just too busy looking for her that you don't notice her presence. That might be a good thing though, because that's what keeps you alive and hungry...the journey to find yourself. It's the one thing we all do at some point in our lives. Go on a trip, meditate, go to a shrink, lose weight- all because we think we might find ourselves as a result.

Here I am, a rabbit hearted girl
Frozen in the headlights.

Sometimes I feel my real self is living her life in my dreams. My dreams are the most fantastic place to be. The things I've seen, the places I've been, the people I've met, the things I've done. It's that person that I recognize. Not the person in the here and now so much. It's Saucy that lives the life I want to live. Need to figure out asap how to unite Saucy minx and myself. I've done a fair share of things that Saucy would be proud of...but there's a lot more. And the good thing is, that there's a lot of time to do it all.

I must become a lion hearted girl
Ready for a fight.



There are 2 people in everyone! Saucy and I would like an Iker each.



3 comments: